Facing the same problem as other facing?. Want to get rid of annoying ads?. Well for that there are two solutions. Either you pay the amount i.e $30 ( it actually depends on how many ads you have seen) and get rid of it officially or do some engineering and get rid of it. Let me explain first why are you seeing these ads. The price of kindle with special offer is surprisingly low as compared to without it. Actually, if you bought a kindle with special offers so you signed an agreement that you will see these ads as compensation of discount they provided in other words you are seeing these ads for the discount you get on it.
Remove ads from kindle [Method A]
Now you know why you are seeing these ads. Fist I’ll guide you how to do it legally so called officially as guided by amazon officials just follow the steps below and get rid of it. You can unsubscribe from amazon ads and sponsor screensavers. You will be charged once to unsubscribe it cost varies as explained above. This amount can’t be paid via Amazon Gift card amounts on your account. This can only be paid via one-click payment method.
In order to unsubscribe from it
- Navigate to Manage your content and devices
- Choose your device tab
- Tap on device to get more information
- Tap on edit, next to Special Offers then follow the steps in order to unsubscribe it.
- The amount will be shown before you proceed to one click method payment.
- Confirm it and you are done.
After the payment is made you will get an email regarding it as notification.
Remove ads from kindle [Method B]
Moving on the second method, it doesn’t cost you a penny. This method is in gray hat area it is not fully legal or illegal. Follow the steps and you will get rid of it.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything or happen to you or your device using this method. Use it on your own ease.
- Ensure that your PC is settings are to “Show hidden files and folders” and that it isn’t set to “Hide protected operating system files“.
- Connect your kindle device to your computer via USB cable.
- Open your kindle via windows explorer. Go to the system folder there you find a folder named as “.assets”
- Delete the folder “.assets”
- Now all you have to do is to create an empty file named as “.assets” in the same destination where it was before i.e in the system folder. The simplest way for doing this is, create a text document file on the desktop as “.assets”. Then copy it and paste it in the system folder. It may ask for confirmation confirm it and now you are done. These empty file resists amazon to create its file again.
- Now as .assets folder is no more and we make a fake file there. So amazon server could not make folders and establish connections. It assumes that you are offline and not connected to the internet. The following message will appear on the screen.
After a couple of mins, it turns to the stock wallpaper which in my opinion is much more decent and less annoying.
Hope it works for you. If you know a better trick to Remove ads from kindle let me know. I’ll include it in the update.