Check ram frequency
Looking to buy another ram for your Pc to upgrade it and get better performance but don’t know it’s frequency? or have a bunch or rams and wanna sell it on eBay? well, no problem at all you are just at the right place. I will show you a couple of methods through which you will be able to check ram frequency within no time. how to check ram frequency. check ram frequency.
Check ram frequency using cmd
The very first method is of cmd I have listed it first because it works great and you have to download nothing in order to check the frequency of the ram. So without wasting your time lets get started. how to check ram frequency.
- First of all, go to start menu and search for cmd or type run there a popup will appear write cmd there. how to check ram frequency
- A black colored window will open gives you look that you are a hacker 😛
- Now just write this command there without quotes ” wmic memorychip get speed “
- Hit enter now, within a couple of seconds frequency of the ram will be displayed.
Check ram frequency using Speccy
This software is provided by well know cleaner known as CCleaner. This software is available for free download however it has some paid version also.
- Download it from here
- Install it and run it.
- You will see information about you PC.
- Now navigate to the ram section however it is also displayed on the home page of the software.
As shown in above picture that DRAM Frequency is 332 MHz, but in actual, there is no ram of this frequency so you have to multiply it by 2 if it is the dual channel and so on to get the actual frequency.
Check ram frequency using CPU-Z
In this method, you have to download the software and install it then you will be able to find the frequency of the ram.
- First of all, go to their official website cpuid
- Download the software and install it (Don’t worry its a free software)
- Run the software
- Navigate to the memory tab
- There you will find type size frequency and other related things
As shown in above picture that DRAM Frequency is 332.5 MHz, but in actual, there is no ram of this frequency so you have to multiply it by 2 if it is the dual channel and so on to get the actual frequency.
Check ram frequency on brand website
If you have branded laptop or PC so this method may also work for you. All you have to do is to find the model number of your PC or laptop. If you know the model number just go to google and search for it with its brand name. For example Dell OptiPlex 7010. Just hit the official website and go to tech specifications and in the memory section, you will find ram frequency. Hope it works for you cause if you have unbranded PC this method will not work for you.
The very first method is highly recommended it works for everybody and you don’t have to download anything. If you have a better way to find the frequency to ram let me know by using the comment section. Comments and queries are welcome.